Sunday, November 01, 2020

From Chaos to Orderly

Now the problem was fabric storage. Before we moved, I had access to lots of sales on high quality fabric, and I deliberately bought as much as I could, knowing that eventually I wouldn't have the same access to the good stuff. Now.... how to store it? My convenient closet right outside my sewing room door no longer existed, and the solution I thought would work didn't.

All you who know my husband know how talented he is, and he's also very amenable to plaintive whines about necessities. I drew a little drawing of what would work for storage, and in two days, he'd accomplished it superbly.




<===The right side of the closet was empty except for a shoe rail near the floor My idea was to put a bookcase unit here, exactly the right size for fabric.
Work begins





Shelves are in.


Jay chose a good quality pine, and there was
 no need to finish it, though he sanded it to
avoid snagging the fabric. Shelves are 
seven inches high, just the right size with no wasted space.
Braced for stability.









No comments: