As I'm writing this, the task is almost done. But here we were at the start of the project:
I took the above picture first, and was surprised to see how orderly it looked, mainly because I'd already organized the bookshelves. But I just turned around and took a photo of the rest of the room, and the true story emerges.
The pile of things in the bottom right of the picture are numerous boxes and plastic bins not yet opened or sorted. Hours and hours tolled on before I had a handhold on this mess. The brown desk under the windows eventually left the room, but it was used for a myriad of things while I was working here. The three wire basket units were to be my fabric stash, but fabric proved to be too heavy for them. You'll see my solution in the next blog.